Not merely a human effort but a Kingdom endeavour
Building for the Future is a Kingdom enterprise in which we get involved in something that will last forever.
Only God knows how many thousands of lives will be changed for eternity in the new Church Centre. Its completion relies on God, but we all have a vital part to play.
For our part it will require the involvement of everyone in the Church Family in:
Prayer: Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him – Psalm 37:7 Because nothing of lasting worth will happen without prayer we must pray about every aspect of it.
Sacrifice: I will not sacrifice to the Lord my God offerings that cost me nothing – 2 Sam 24:24
- A sacrificial gift is one that will make an impact on you and may involve giving something up, a change in lifestyle, or re-thinking priorities. For many it may involve a commitment over a few years.
- The challenge will be different for each person. So we do not seek equal giving, but equal sacrifice as illustrated in the story of the widow’s priceless gift of her last two coins – Mark 12: 41-44
Giving: Jesus said, Freely you have received. Freely give – Matthew 10:8
- Give Thankfully – Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him – Colossians 3:17
- Give Cheerfully – Each should give what he has decided to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver – 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
- Give First – Seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you – Matthew 6:33
God’s part in ‘Building for the Future’
- The foundation on which the whole venture rests is God.
- It is He who can take what we place in His hands and use it to bring the project to completion.
- It is He who will go with us on the journey and build us up in