At St John’s we want to do all we can for students during their time at Royal Holloway – so if you’re a student here, we’d love to hear from you! We hope both to support Christian students to live as passionate followers of Jesus Christ, and to give the opportunity for any who are interested to investigate what Christianity is all about. You are completely welcome to join us either at our Sunday morning services, in a small group setting or socially after church.
What is there for students?
Everything we offer at St John’s falls into one or both of two categories with both hoping to encourage mission on campus: Fellowship and Discipleship.
- Bacon butties on Sunday mornings, be sure to meet at the Hub at 10am on Sunday to walk down and have breakfast before the main service!
- Student Life Group – we meet every Tuesday during term time to eat together, socialise, and study God’s word (see below for further details).
- Socials – after the 11am service on a Sunday we will be having a series of social events. These will be largely flexible and will vary from coffee/lunch, picnics, country walks, open house lunches. These are open to students and 20s and are a chance to connect with the wider church.
- One-to-ones – it can be really helpful to meet regularly with another Christian to study the Bible, pray and support each other.
- Short term mission trip – over the past few summers we have taken groups of students to Moldova, to work with the local church to show God’s love in the poorest country in Europe. The trips saw God work through and in the students in some amazing ways.
Tuesdays, 6:30 pm at Virginia Lodge, 68a Station Road, Egham, TW20 9LF (see map below) .
Students are welcome to either come to dinner, or the bible study at 7.30pm or the whole evening. Over the year we tackle various issues that students face as well as studying certain books of the bible. SLG is a friendly and safe environment and all are welcome to come, no matter where you are at with your faith in God. Most students find that Student Life Group is the best way to connect into St John’s!
For more information about what is happening this term at SLG, just click here and a PDF with all the information will whisk itself to you.
As well as Sunday mornings we encourage students to go to our Sunday evening celebrations that take place once a month. Find out more here
Student LunchesAs well as the normal social events, there are specific Sundays with Student lunches – free home-cooked lunch with other students and people from St John’s. These will take place at homes of church members so that you can get to know more people at the church!
Check back for when the next ones are!
Contact & follow
Send an email to Nicola (Student Pastor) Like our Facebook page Follow us on Twitter.
@ 9:15am and 11am